Free weekly series are planned this summer on Old Falls Street, USA, including the "Flicks on Old Falls" movie series on Thursday evenings, the Old Falls Street "Party Friday" evening concert series and "Free Family Fun on Saturday Afternoons." All series are presented weather permitting.
In addition, Old Falls Street's free interactive games are hosted daily beginning June 21, and are expanding to include both the middle and park blocks, including table tennis, foosball, large-scale checkers and chess, and much more. These particular games are out continuously (24 hours), so guests can enjoy them whenever they are on Old Falls Street, USA.
The annual Friday evening concert series, appropriately named "Old Falls Street Party," kicks off on June 23 and runs through Sept. 1. This 11-week concert series includes opening acts, beginning at 5 p.m., as well as a regional food truck each week. The main acts begin at 7 p.m., with fireworks launched over Niagara Falls closing each show at 10 p.m. Fireworks are visible from the Old Falls Street concert venue.
"We are proud to continue this annual series on Old Falls Street's middle block, where families can enjoy our free interactive games, as well as the area's finest food truck offerings, beer and wine vending all in one place," said Spectra's Jason Murgia, general manager of Old Falls Street, USA.
The opening week of the "Old Falls Street Party" series also features a "Pedal Party" in partnership with Slow Roll Buffalo. Guests are encouraged to arrive on their bicycles for a tour around the City of Niagara Falls. Cyclists assemble at 6:30 p.m. and will arrive back to Old Falls Street to enjoy the concert after their ride. Another Old Falls Street "Pedal Party" is planned to accompany the Aug. 4 concert at the same time.
"We are also partnering with the local car club, The O.G. Cruisers, who will have their custom and classic cars on display during the concerts on June 30, July 28 and Aug. 28," Murgia said.
The "Old Falls Street Party" concert series schedule is as follows (bands at 5 and 7 p.m.; food truck):
- June 23, Julian Burgio, 90 West; Dirty Bird Chicken & Waffles
- June 30, Joe Weber Duo, Hit 'N Run; PizzaAmore "The Wood Fire Way"
- July 7, Zak Ward, Kurt & the Loders; Polish Villa 2
- July 14, Roadtrip, Joyryde & The Hitman Horns; Gourm-Asian Bistro
- July 21, Tom Bender, Disco Duck; Chef's Restaurant
- July 28, Sara Elizabeth, Just Us; Dirty Bird Chicken & Waffles
- Aug. 4, Adam's Acoustic Project, DoubleShot Band; Polish Villa 2
- Aug. 11, Rob Falgiano, Gravy; Chef's Restaurant
- Aug. 18, Michael Krisch, Flipside; Gourm-Asian Bistro
- Aug. 25, Stockcar Boys, Strictly Hip; Get Fried
- Sept. 1, Keith Shuskie, 1980 Something; Dirty Bird Chicken & Waffles
Old Falls Street, USA, is also continuing "Free Family Fun on Saturday Afternoons," a 10-week series hosted June 24 through Aug. 26, from noon to 5 p.m. The series will include weekly free interactive games, arts and crafts, "Exercise Like the Animals" fitness sessions, and weekly interactive children's performers on the middle block. The park block features live "Tunes @ Noon" performances, from noon until 2 p.m., a variety of food vendors, and a different area food truck each week, as well as new a reading room, free interactive and tabletop games, one of four Niagara Falls Public Pianos and more.
In Jest juggling
"Our Saturday programming has been spread out between two blocks so that we can appeal to a wider audience and accommodate more guests," Murgia said. "We hope families enjoy walking between our two blocks to experience more of what we have to offer."
Weekly Saturday performers vary as follows:
- June 24, In Jest juggling sessions with Nels Ross - middle block; "Tunes @ Noon" performer - Zak Ward - park block
- July 1, Kirt the Entertainer; "Tunes @ Noon" performer - Sara Elizabeth - park block
- July 8, Spirit Wind Farm Petting Zoo - middle block;"Tunes @ Noon" performer - Michael Krisch - park block
- July 15, Pete & Chris Amusements - middle block; "Tunes @ Noon" performer - Joe Weber Duo - park block
- July 22, Parkour and free running - middle block; "Tunes @ Noon" performer - Rob Falgiano - park block
- July 29, Farmer Tom Walsh - middle block; "Tunes @ Noon" performer - Tom Bender - park block
- Aug. 5, Balloon Sculptures by Joe - middle block; "Tunes @ Noon" performer - Adam's Acoustic Project - park block
- Aug. 12, The annual Touch-a-Truck and Stuff-a-Bus family event - middle block; "Tunes @ Noon" performer - Straight Up - park block
- Aug. 19, Mama Earth's Kitchen and the annual Dance of the Fireflies family event - middle block; "Tunes @ Noon" performer - White Chocolate - park block
- Aug. 26, Aquarium of Niagara - middle block; "Tunes @ Noon" performer - Rob Falgiano Duo - park block
The ever-popular "Flicks on Old Falls" outdoor movie series begins Thursday, June 29, and runs through Aug. 31. The movies are presented on Old Falls Street's middle block, with a pre-show party, featuring "Kids' Karaoke" beginning at 7:30 p.m. Movies begin at approximately 9 p.m. (or dusk). Guests are encouraged to bring blankets and play with Old Falls Street's interactive games. Concessions will also be available for purchase. The movie schedule is as follows:
- June 29, "The Secret Life of Pets"
- July 6, "Space Jam"
- July 13, "Finding Dory"
- July 20, "The Angry Birds Movie"
- July 27, "Storks"
- Aug. 3, "Sing"
- Aug. 10, "Zootopia"
- Aug. 17, "The Lego Batman Movie"
- Aug. 24, "Moana"
- Aug. 31, "Pete's Dragon"
For more information on these activities, visit www.FallsStreet.com
, or follow Old Falls Street on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TripAdvisor.
Old Falls Street, USA, managed by Spectra by Comcast Spectacor, is a historic three-block destination that conveniently connects the entrance of Niagara Falls State Park with The Conference & Event Center and other downtown Niagara Falls hotels, restaurants and attractions. Serving as the "welcome center" for residents and visitors alike, the dynamic thoroughfare provides exciting spaces for free, family-friendly games and activities, as well as seasonal concerts, outdoor movies, festivals, holiday and other special events. Additional information can be found at www.FallsStreet.com