Featured News - Current News - Archived News - News Categories

First historic homes plaque presented

Fri, Nov 11th 2016 11:30 am
From left, front row: Bill Koch (chairman), Joe Macaluso, and Jodi Robinson (town historian). Back row: board members Carolyn Doebert, Sharon Nichols, June Crawford and Myers.
From left, front row: Bill Koch (chairman), Joe Macaluso, and Jodi Robinson (town historian). Back row: board members Carolyn Doebert, Sharon Nichols, June Crawford and Myers.

The Town of Grand Island Historic Preservation Advisory Board presented its first historic homes plaque to Susan Myers, 2488 Whitehaven Road, on Saturday, Nov. 5. The plaque reads "Circa 1865."

The clapboard farmhouse was built by the Alt family in the mid 1860s and has round arch windows and an ornate natural wood door.

The HPAB has been working on the historic homes plaque project for the last few years and will be presenting more plaques in the near future. Pictured are members of the HPAB.

comments powered by Disqus