YBPA recipient of 2016 Business/Community Enhancement Grant
The Youngstown Business and Professional Association Inc. announced this week it is again a recipient of the William C. Mayne/Niagara Falls Bridge Commission/Niagara County Economic Development Business Community Enhancement Grant. The $2,196 award was made Tuesday at the meeting of the Niagara County Legislature in Lockport.
"We are proud to announce our good news," YBPA President Cheryl Butera said as she made note of the presentation and recognized YBPA's 40th anniversary year. "Last night at the Niagara County legislative meeting, we were given our award for the 2016 Business/Community Enhancement Grant."
Butera said the grant will enable YBPA to move on the following projects:
• Refurbish and update the existing welcome signpost located at the intersection of Water and Main streets in the Village of Youngstown.
• Publish YBPA's eighth annual "Welcome to Youngstown" brochure (2016-17). Printed and distributed by Niagara Frontier Publications, the brochure includes all businesses and events, as well as a walking map. The brochure is available online at www.youngstownnewyork.com.
• The installation of 16 hanging flower baskets and flower boxes on village streets, prepared by YBPA member O'Connor Family Greenhouses.
• Purchase of a new and reusable St. Patrick's Day street banner created and designed by YBPA member BeauDesigns.
• Repairs to the official YBPA webcam sensor, online 24/7 and located at the Youngstown Yacht Club - a YBPA member.
"The YBPA is grateful to the Niagara Falls Bridge Commission for this opportunity to make positive changes in our community and surrounding areas," Butera said.