Memorial: Community leaders to rock for better health
Wed, Apr 9th 2014 01:30 pm
Community leaders and elected officials will join
members and friends of the Memorial Medical Center Auxiliary for a "rockin'
good time" Friday when the auxiliary holds its 13th annual "Rock-A-Thon"
to benefit the hospital.
Participants will rock in chairs for half-hour
increments with each rocker soliciting pledges. Proceeds will be used to
purchase needed equipment for the medical center.
The auxiliary has raised nearly $100,000 at previous
Drop-ins are welcome and coverage is invited. For
information, call Mary Norton at 716-278-4159.
Community leaders scheduled to rock include:
- Niagara Falls Community Development Director
- Niagara Falls City Council Chairman Charles Walker
- Niagara University Office of Sponsored Program &
Foundation Relations Assistant Director Jill Shuey
- Jocelyn Touma, rocking for Niagara Falls City
Councilman Andy Touma
- Palliative Home Care of Niagara Inc. Director Ray
- Health Systems Services Marketing and Public Relations
Director Doug Mooradian
- Marjorie Gillies of Niagara Beautification Commission
- Niagara Gazette Publisher Peter Mio
- Niagara County Legislator Owen Steed
- Niagara Falls City Councilman Robert Anderson Jr.
- Ron Anderluh of Niagara Street Business &
- Niagara Falls Mayor Paul Dyster
- Memorial Park Block Club President John Cooper
- Niagara Falls Fire Chief Thomas Colangelo
- State Assemblyman John Ceretto
- Niagara Falls Family YMCA Executive Director Greg