Genesee Community College hosts annual spring health careers job fairby jmaloni
Students, employers and community members welcomed
Genesee Community College will host a job fair dedicated to careers in the health industry on Thursday, March 20, from noon until 2 p.m. at the college's centrally located William Stuart Forum. The event is designed to introduce potential new employees to employers, and also provides health care businesses an opportunity to present their trade and services to the local community. Local and regional health care companies will be available to answer questions, accept resumes and distribute material relating to their company.
As of Feb. 20, the following employer representatives will be available to distribute career information and other printed materials, answer questions and receive resumes (this list is subject to change):
- Catholic Health System, Buffalo
- Companion Care of Rochester
- Elderwood Senior Care, Williamsville
- Fidelis Care, Getzville
- GreenField Health & Rehabilitation Center, Lancaster
- Heritage Centers
- Independent Living of the Genesee Region, Batavia
- Jewish Home of Rochester
- Lifetime Care Home Health & Hospice, Rochester
- New York Army National Guard
- Rehab Resources, Oswego
- Rochester General Hospital, Rochester
- University of Rochester Medical Center, Strong Memorial Hospital - physical therapy department
Positions being recruited include: licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants, home health aides, registered nurses, IT, marketing, personal care attendants, interns, physical therapy assistants, direct care providers, residential habilitation trainees, occupational therapists and certified occupational therapy assistants.
The job fair is free and open to the general public. For a current listing of registered employers, visit the Career Services page at www.genesee.edu.career/events. Employers interested in attending the fair should contact the Career Services office at 585-345-6888 to register for this event.