'One year that will change your life': 29 regional leaders graduate from Leadership Niagaraby jmaloni
Leadership Niagara will recognize 29 regional leaders for successful completion of the organization's 12-month leadership development program during a graduation ceremony Thursday at 6 p.m. at the Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel Mezzanine Room.
A special presentation will be made to induct Howard Zemsky as an honorary member of Leadership Niagara's Class of 2013.
LN participants completed a graduate-level leadership development program that included a combination of retreats, seminars and daylong sessions with local, regional and binational leaders and industry experts. The program provided in-depth training on leadership concepts and principles, coaching and mentoring, change/transformation, creativity/innovation, and organizational development, along with discussions around regional economic development, tourism, workforce development, manufacturing, agribusiness, criminal justice, renewable energy, health care and education.
The LN 2013 class includes:
- Jennifer A. Baumgartner - 914th Airlift Wing
- Todd W. Bush - North Tonawanda Police Department
- Patricia Copeland - The Dale Association
- E. Bryan DalPorto - Niagara Falls Police Department
- Christopher L. Dawson - First Niagara Bank
- Elaine S. Duquette - Opportunities Unlimited
- Bruce Elliott - Niagara County Sheriff's Office
- Melissa Foti - Kenney Shelton Liptak Nowak LLP
- Rita M. Geiben - Niagara University
- Terry L. Gill - Lockport Police Department
- Judie Glaser - Niagara Falls City Schools
- Ken Hamilton - Niagara Gazette
- John Higgins - 107th Airlift Wing
- Justin Jacobs - Noco Energy
- Luke D. Kantor - Lockport Family YMCA
- Susan Kelchlin - Tops Markets LLC
- Anthony Lanza - KeyBank
- Elizabeth Lavis - 360PSG
- Phyllis Murawski - UNYTS
- Tammy D. Ramos - KeyBank
- Chris Schifferli - Covanta Energy
- Brad Schumacher - Calspan Corporation
- John Spanbauer - Niagara University
- William T. Thompson, Jr. - VanDeMark Chemical
- Marie Walters - Marie's Sewing Center
- Jennifer L.S. Weber
- Jennifer L. Westerholt - Literacy New York
- Elizabeth A. Woock - Niagara Tourism & Convention Corp.
- Jim Zeames - New York Power Authority
Leadership Niagara is the longest-running community leadership development organization in New York. In 2014, Leadership Niagara will celebrate 30 years of cultivating this region's leaders. The organization's mission is to strengthen regional leadership. It has graduated more than 1,200 participants since 1984. Leadership Niagara's 2013 presenting sponsors are First Niagara and the Niagara Gazette.