'Zooper Saturday' featuring rhinos and a barn party this weekend at Buffalo Zooby jmaloni
The Buffalo Zoo will hold a "Zooper Saturday" event featuring the Indian rhinos and Delta Sonic Heritage Farm on Saturday, July 6.
Learn all about the Buffalo Zoo's endangered Indian rhinos during a keeper talks, animal enrichments, and a rhino raffle. Then stop by the Delta Sonic Heritage Farm for its first barn party. There will be animal trainings, and musical performances.
"Zooper Saturday" events are free with regular Buffalo Zoo admission. July's "Zooper Saturday" is sponsored by Winning Smiles. A full schedule of activities follows:
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. - face painting
- 11 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. - rhino raffles
- 11 a.m. - rhino keeper talk and enrichment
- 11:30 a.m. - rhino keeper talk and enrichment
- Noon - rhino keeper talk and enrichment
- 12:30 p.m. - rhino keeper talk and enrichment
- 1 p.m. - rhino keeper talk and enrichment
- 1-3 p.m. - Barn Party at Delta Sonic Heritage Farm
- 1:30 p.m. - pig training
- 2 p.m. - blue grass musical performance
- 2:30 p.m. - mule training
For more information about the "Zooper Saturday" event, call 716-995-6129 or visit www.buffalozoo.org.
•The Buffalo Zoo has resumed its summer operating hours. Admission gates will be open from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. The grounds will remain open for one hour after gates close. The zoo will close at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, July 24, to prepare for the "Wines in the Wild" event.
On Friday evenings in July and August, the Buffalo Zoo is also offering extended summer hours. During "Ferocious Fridays," sponsored by First Niagara, admission gates will be open until 7:30 p.m., and visitors can remain on grounds until 8:30 p.m.
"Ferocious Friday" discount admission coupons are available at any First Niagara branch in Western New York.
The Buffalo Zoo's summer hours will be in effect until Sept. 1, when the zoo begins closing at 4 p.m.
"The Wildest Place In Town," the Buffalo Zoo is located at 300 Parkside Ave., Buffalo. For more information, call 716-837-3900.