Niagara USA to host national fishing mediaby jmaloni
The Niagara Tourism and Convention Corp. helped to land some "big ones" in the outdoor media world. National media will be in town next week for some of the area's stellar spring fishing.
The culmination of the Lower Niagara River trout fishery, the Lake Ontario spring salmon and trout fishery off the Niagara Bar, Wilson and Olcott, as well as the early trophy bass season opening on Lake Erie has key media returning to experience these natural angling wonders. Starting on Sunday, May 5, outdoor media will be convening in Lewiston to pay homage to the area's fishing resources.
"May is one of the best times of year for sportfishing in Niagara USA," said Bill Hilts Jr., outdoor sports specialist at the NTCC. "With the kick-off of the Lake Ontario Counties Trout and Salmon Derby May 3-12, 2013, to sound off the fishing season for many, Niagara USA is on the national media radar screen."
Visiting media include:
- Mark Davis, host of "Penn's Big Water Adventures" that appears on The Outdoor Channel;
- Charles Beasley, with "In-Fisherman" magazine and television show;
- Larry Ladowski and Dennis Leppell with "MidWest Outdoors" magazine and television show;
- Jimmy Fee, editor with On the Water magazine;
- Joe Cermele, fishing editor with Field & Stream;
- Mike Caruso, editor with The Fisherman magazines;
- James Hall, editor with Bassmaster Magazine;
- Mike Pehanich, freelance outdoor writer and senior writer for Bassmaster, Bass Times, Fishing Tackle Retailer and host of the "Small Waters Fishing" website. He also contributes to Outdoor Life magazine.
Corporate sponsors for the event include Buck Knives, Mustad Hooks, Flambeau Outdoors, Seaguar Fishing Line, and the NTCC.