Celebrities take a flying leap on 'Stars in Danger: The High Dive' debuting Wednesday, Jan. 9, on FOXby jmaloni
Stars from TV, film, sports and pop culture plunge into a whole new pool when the two-hour special event "Stars in Danger: The High Dive" premieres Wednesday, Jan. 9 (8 p.m.), on FOX.
Based on a long-running German format, "Stars in Danger: The High Dive" is the ultimate test for eight celebrities who will step to the edge and take a flying leap or momentous belly flop into diving history. But, first, they must complete a crash-course in diving techniques, overseen by renowned diving coaches. After an intense training period, they will compete in a series of Olympic-style dives, including solo high diving and synchronized diving, from a variety of heights. With the help of Olympic diving medalist and commentator Troy Dumais, viewers will also get a poolside look at the courage and perseverance - as well as the twists, turns and flips - that go into turning a celebrity into an expert - or not so expert - diver.
Participating celebrities include:
- JWoww- aka Jennifer Farley, one of the eight original cast members on reality series "Jersey Shore."
- Bethany Hamilton - professional surfer, public speaker, role model, author of the book and subject of the feature film, "Soul Surfer."
- Alexandra Paul - actress (star of more than 75 movies and TV shows, including "Baywatch" ) and endurance athlete (Ironman athlete, long distance swimmer, marathoner).
- Kim Richards - former child actress ("Escape to Witch Mountain"), sister of Kyle Richards and cast member on "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills."
- Kyle Richards - former child actress ("Little House on the Prairie"), sister of Kim Richards, cast member on "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" and author ("Life Is Not a Reality Show: Keeping It Real with the Housewife Who Does It All").
- David Chokachi - actor ("Baywatch," "Witchblade," "Beyond the Break"), TV host, avid surfer and paddle boarder, honorary chair for Surfrider Foundation.
- Terrell Owens - former NFL wide receiver and six-time Pro Bowl selection, who starred in his own cable reality series, "The T.O. Show," and has recurring roles on network comedy "Go On" and cable drama "Necessary Roughness."
- Antonio Sabato Jr. - actor ("Melrose Place," "The Bold And The Beautiful," "General Hospital"), former model, and reality TV star ("My Antonio," "Celebrity Circus," "But Can They Sing?").