An 1812 peace project, which took place this summer with great success in the Lewiston Peace Garden, has taken on a new dimension. An impressive 765 scarves were donated by women from the U.S. and Canada and hung in the garden as a symbol of the peace that continues to exist between the two countries after 200 years. Seventy-five of the smaller scarves were selected after the event, washed and pressed, and given to Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
The selected scarves will be used by the Community Cancer Resource Center in its program "Look Better, Feel Better." This program assists cancer patients with makeup kits, wigs and scarves.