Lewiston Police Blotter for Nov. 27by jmaloni
Sat, Nov 27th 2010 04:55 pmThe following activity occurred Monday, Nov. 15, to Sunday, Nov. 21, as reported by the Lewiston Police Department. A total of 78 calls were answered by LPD during this period.
Monday, Nov. 15
- 900 block of Center Street, possible check forgery. Statement taken from a 53-year-old female at a supermarket business. Investigation to continue.
- 100 block of Portage Road, larceny report. Statement taken from a 27-year-old female who reported that four units were entered at a storage business on Cayuga Street. Report filed.
- Cayuga Street, larceny complaint. Statement taken from a 47-year-old female regarding items taken from a unit at a storage business. Report filed.
- 700 block of Powell Lane, larceny from a vehicle. A 68-year-old male reported a wallet stolen from a vehicle overnight. Report filed.
- 600 block of Cayuga Drive, criminal mischief. A 67-year-old male reported finding graffiti on his lawn; report filed.
- 2300 block of Saunders Settlement Road, larceny. Statement taken from a 48-year-old female who reported a 48-year-old male suspect pumped $335 worth of gas, paid $100 and left without paying the balance. Patrol made contact with the suspect via phone and reports the suspect agreed to pay the balance. Report filed.
- 1500 block of Ridge Road, car-deer accident. Patrol reports a truck struck a deer, which in turn damaged a mailbox at a residence. Highway Department and homeowner notified.
Tuesday, Nov. 16
- Unspecified location, follow-up. Patrol reports issuing an appearance ticket for Lewiston Town Court to a 37-year-old female for a curfew violation related to a stolen vehicle call on Langdon Road. Report filed.
- 500 block of Center Street, criminal mischief. Patrol informed that flowerpots were turned over in the courtyard area at a bank branch. Report filed.
- Robert Moses Parkway/Joseph Davis State Park area, suspicious vehicle. Plate number logged; patrol reported the subject was hunting in the area.
- Ridge Road, reckless driver traveling at a high rate of speed. Patrol checked the area with negative results.
- Lewiston Town Court, warrant execution. Warrant served on a 20-year-old male from an earlier call. Report filed.
- 5300 block of Military Road, two-vehicle accident. Statements taken from both drivers; no injuries or tows. Report filed.
- Indian Hill and Upper Mountain roads, one vehicle accident. Statement taken from the driver; report filed.
- RMP northbound, cement in the roadway. Patrol contacted state DOT crews to remove. Four disabled vehicles reported on the highway from the call.
- 300 block of South Seventh Street, harassment. Statement taken from a 42-year-old female who reports her mentally handicapped daughter was struck by another resident of an adult facility on two occasions. Patrol's report to follow.
- Robert Moses Parkway northbound, two separate one-vehicle accidents. Statements taken from both drivers; patrol reports the calls involved tires popping from cement debris in the roadway. Reports filed.
- Saunders Settlement and Military roads, reckless driver. Vehicle located by Town of Niagara Police; driver found to be elderly, all OK.
- 200 block of South Third Street, check welfare. Complainant stated that a male was in the basement with a female juvenile. All subjects gone on patrol's arrival.
- Lewiston Road, vehicle traffic stop. Patrol reported the arrest of a 40-year-old male for driving While Intoxicated. Blood Alcohol Content testing performed; BAC result, .11 of one percent of alcohol. Uniform traffic tickets issued, Lewiston Town Court date assigned and driver released on his own recognizance. Report filed.
Wednesday, Nov. 17
- Clet Hall, Niagara University, attempted suicide. Patrol reports a 20-year-old female was taken voluntarily to Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center by Rural Metro ambulance.
- 400 block of Center Street, burglary at a business. Statement taken from a 57-year-old female; suspect unknown. Niagara County Sheriff's ID unit on location; investigation to continue.
- 400 block of Center Street, possible attempted burglary at a business. Patrol reported damage to a front window.
- 500 block of Center Street, possible attempted burglary at a business. Patrol reported damaged front windows.
- 5300 block of Annover Road, larceny. Statement taken from a 46-year-old male regarding a 45-year-old female suspect. Report filed.
- Creek Lane, suicide call. Patrol reports a male was in custody of NCSD. No further details.
- Unspecified location, arrest. Patrol reports a 46-year-old female turned herself in from an earlier call. Appearance ticket issued for Lewiston Town Court; report filed.
- 500 block of Irving Drive, hit run accident report that occurred at Lewiston-Porter High School. Statement taken; report filed.
- 5300 block of Annover Road, standby. Patrol reported the arrest of a 45-year-old female from an earlier larceny complaint at the address. No further details. Report filed.
- 5300 block of Annover Road, transport. Patrol transported the 45-year-old female larceny suspect to Lewiston Town Court for arraignment. No bail and woman released on her own recognizance.
Thursday, Nov. 18
- 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road, counterfeit currency. Statement taken from a 40-year-old male and a 67-year-old male who report receiving the counterfeit bill from a Lockport Road business. No charges filed. Report filed.
- 800 block of Onondaga Street, custody dispute. Patrol resolved the issue and cleared the call.
- South First Street, suspicious males. Patrol spoke with the two individuals. The men stated they were offering to clean gutters. Patrol advised the individuals to cease. Patrol cleared.
- Lewiston-Porter High School, check welfare. Patrol spoke to the juvenile in question; no problems reported.
- 5400 block of Bridgeman Road, car-deer accident. Statement taken from the driver; deer tag issued. Report filed.
- RMP, car-deer accident. Statement taken from the driver; vehicle towed. Report filed.
- 5300 block of Walmore Road, recovered stolen property. Patrol spoke with a 53-year-old male. Golf clubs recovered and returned to a Town of Niagara resident by NCSD.
Friday, Nov. 19
- 1800 block of Langdon Road, burglary. Statements taken from a 54-year-old female and a 53-year-old male regarding a juvenile suspect. NCSD ID unit on location to investigate. Investigation continuing. Report field.
- Unspecified location, arrest. Patrol reported the arrest of a 17-year-old male from an earlier drug search at Lewiston-Porter High School. Appearance ticket issued for Lewiston Town Court. Report filed.
- 5300 block of Military Road, harassment. Statement taken from a 20-year-old female regarding a 23-year-old male. Domestic incident report and patrol's report both filed.
- Kiwanis Park, recovered property. Patrol reported the recovery of a Huffy Granite mountain bike.
- Unspecified location, warrant arrest. Patrol reported the arrest of a 28-year-old male who was transferred to LPD from Niagara Falls Police Department. Suspect arraigned at Porter Town Court; $10,000/$20,000 bail assigned and suspect remanded to the Niagara County jail. Report filed.
- Lower River Road, suspicious vehicle at a business. Patrol reported a possible drug deal; plate number logged. No further details.
- 5300 block of Military Road, missing person. Patrol reported a female was missing from EM-Star at Mount St. Mary's Hospital and Health Center. Subject located at the Upper Mountain Road underpass to the I-190 and returned to EM-Star.
- 4400 block of Creek Road, car-tree injury accident. Patrol reported a 45-year-old male as a possible intoxicated driver. Driver taken by Lewiston No. 1 Volunteer Fire Co. EMS to EM-Star at Mount St. Mary's Hospital where blood was drawn for testing. No details on results. Patrol reports a juvenile passenger was taken to EM-Star for treatment and a dog in the vehicle was secured by SPCA responders. Vehicle towed. Investigation to continue. Report filed.
Saturday, Nov. 20
- O'Shea Hall, NU campus, intoxicated female. Patrol reports an 18-year-old female was taken to EM-Star at Mount St. Mary's Hospital by Upper Mountain Volunteer Fire Co. EMS.
- 800 block of Foxwood Drive, suspicious vehicle in a parking lot. No problems found.
- 4900 block of Creek Road, brother-sister domestic. Patrol reported a brother-sister argument. Parties did not want a report filed.
- 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road, larceny of dogs. Female informed patrol she forgot she had dropped her dogs off earlier at home.
- 900 block of Swann Road, intoxicated female. Subject returned home by neighbors.
- 3200 block of Porter Center Road, out of control, intoxicated female. Patrol reports a 55-year-old female from the Swann Road call was taken to Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center on a mental health response. Report filed.
- 5300 block of Military Road, harassment at EM-Star. Statement taken from a 42-year-old female regarding a 43-year-old male suspect. Report filed.
Sunday, Nov. 21
- 100 block of South Water Street, report of a fight at a bar/restaurant. Patrol reports being on location before the call came out. No fight found at the location. Report was called in by the owner of neighboring business.
- Unspecified location, mother-son domestic. Patrol spoke with a 53-year-old female regarding a 34-year-old male. Patrol reported the arrest of the 34-year-old male. Suspect arraigned; no further details.
- Walmore and Upper Mountain roads, possible domestic. Patrol listed a 42-year-old female and 48-year-old male in its report. Both refused to talk to patrol.
- 4000 block of Dickersonville Road, assist. Patrol assisted a female regarding a court order. Situation addressed.
- 2400 block of Ridge Road, hunter problem. Call turned over to state Environmental Conservation officers.
- 900 block of Center Street, domestic at a supermarket. Patrol spoke with a 38-year-old female regarding a 37-year-old male. Male suspect placed under arrest and issued an appearance ticket for Lewiston Town Court. Report filed.