Lewiston Police Blotter for Sept. 11by jmaloni
Sat, Sep 11th 2010 10:00 am
The following incidents occurred from Monday, Aug. 30, to Sunday, Sept. 5, as reported by the Lewiston Police Department. A total of 85 calls were answered by LPD during this period.
Monday, Aug. 30
- 5400 block of Bridgeman Road, suspicious persons. Two white males dressed in black with book bags were interviewed and released.
- 800 block of Oriole Lane, larceny. Statement taken from a 17-year-old female regarding an iPod taken at a playground by an unknown suspect. Report filed.
- 1600 block of Ridge Road, criminal contempt. Statement taken from a 58-year-old male regarding a 21-year-old male. Report filed.
- Duty Free Shop at the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge, counterfeit currency. A 52-year-old female turned over a $20 counterfeit bill to patrol.
- 600 block of Center Street, criminal mischief. Statement taken from a 59-year-old male who reported his 2010 Toyota was keyed. Report filed.
- Niagara University, hit-run accident. Statement taken from driver No. 1; driver No. 2 left the scene. Report filed.
- Criminal mischief complaint in the Gallagher lot on the NU campus. Statement taken from a 24-year-old female; report filed.
- 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road, counterfeit currency. A 30-year-old female turned over a $100 counterfeit bill to patrol.
Tuesday, Aug. 31
- Saunders Settlement and Garlow roads, suspicious male. Subject taken to Sabre Park.
- 900 block of Center Street, hit-run accident in a supermarket parking lot. Statement taken from driver No. 1; driver No. 2 unknown. Report filed.
- Unspecified location, vehicle/traffic stop. Patrol reported the pullover/arrest of a 23-year-old male for operating while a registration is suspended/revoked. Bail of $200 assigned and uniform traffic tickets issued with return Lewiston Town Court date. Vehicle towed; report filed.
- Upper Mountain and Garlow roads, vehicle/traffic stop. Patrol reported the pullover/arrest of a 24-year-old male for third degree aggravated unlicensed operation. Suspect arraigned at Lewiston Town Court, bail of $2,500 assigned and suspect remanded to custody of Niagara County Sheriff's Department. Report filed.
- Black Nose Spring Road, suspicious male on a bicycle. Patrol advised of a male, 18 years old, wearing a gray shirt and jeans, asking for money. Area checked with negative results.
- Ridge and Ransomville roads, vehicle/traffic stop. Patrol reported the pullover/arrest of a 48-year-old male for fifth degree criminal possession of a controlled substance. K-9 unit conducted a search of the vehicle. Vehicle secured. Patrol reported the arrest of another male from the pullover; charges not specified. Reports filed.
- 400 block of Center Street, violation of a court order. Statement taken from a 48-year-old female regarding a male. No further details.
- Portage Road and Cayuga Street, harassment. Patrol spoke with a 25-year-old male, a 24-year-old female and a 37-year-olf female; no further details.
- Unspecified location; open container arrest. Patrol reports charging a 44-year-old male; appearance ticket issued for Lewiston Town Court. Report filed.
Wednesday, Sept. 1
- 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road, attempt to locate vehicle. Patrol assisted NCSD on the call, which involved the arrest of an unidentified subject for Driving While Intoxicated. K-9 search of the vehicle yielded positive results.
- 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road, warrant execution. Patrol reports remanding an 18-year-old male to custody of Niagara Falls Police.
- 4600 block of Creek Road, check welfare for a male found sitting roadside. Subject taken to the Niagara Falls city line.
- Creek and Pletcher roads, suspicious vehicle. Plate number logged; no problems.
- I-190 northbound near Mount St. Mary's Hospital and Health Center, check area. Patrol reported negative results on its search for a while female walking and wearing a hospital gown.
- 1800 block of Langdon Road, suspicious package. Statement taken from a 49-year-old male who reported finding a stuffed animal with its head cut off on his porch. Investigation to continue.
- 700 block of Center Street, criminal mischief complaint at a business. Statement taken from a 55-year-old male; report filed.
Thursday, Sept. 2
- 1600 block of Swann Road, building check. Homeowner reports hearing noises and gunshots outside the residence. Area checked; all OK.
- 2700 block of Moore Road, check welfare. Patrol reports checking on the status of a female homeowner; all OK.
- 1900 block of Upper Mountain Road, unwanted party. Patrol spoke with all parties involved and reported a verbal disagreement about chores not being performed. All OK.
- 2220 block of Saunders Settlement Road, found dog. Patrol unable to contact the town dog control officer and took the dog to the SPCA.
- 500 block of Walmore Road, report of an injury accident. Statement taken from driver No. 1 regarding an injury accident that occurred on Green Road. Driver No. 2 left the scene; ATV with no plates towed. NCSD ID unit and Lewiston No. 2 Volunteer Fire Co. responders on the scene. Report filed.
Friday, Sept. 3
- NU campus, intoxicated female. Patrol reports Upper Mountain Volunteer Fire Co. responders took a highly intoxicated 18-year-old to the hospital. Patrol cleared.
- 800 block of Foxwood Drive, disturbing the peace. Call handled by patrol.
- Niagara Falls location, assist. Patrol reports assisting the Niagara County Drug Task Force on a search of a residence. No further details; report filed.
- Upper Mountain Road, criminal mischief complaint at a gas/convenience business. Statements taken from two males, ages 59 and 49 years old. Report filed.
- 500 block of Fairway Drive, larceny complaint. Patrol spoke with a 54-year-old female who alleges a health care aide caring for her mother stole items from the residence. Investigation to continue.
- 500 block of Walmore Road, unwanted party. Patrol spoke with a 28-year-old female reported as intoxicated, who stated a 29-year-old male wouldn't leave the residence. Patrol reported both subjects as intoxicated and uncooperative. The male subject left without incident.
Saturday, Sept. 4
- 700 block of Pletcher Road, alarm response. Bad sensor reported; all secure.
- 400 block of Burt Circle, unwanted party. Patrol spoke with a 42-year-old female regarding a 41-year-old male, who subsequently left without incident.
- Upper Mount Road from Military Road, reckless driver heading eastbound. Patrol reported the driver as GOA.
- Saunders Settlement Road, attempt to locate. Patrol reported checking for a dark pickup with Carolina plates heading westbound, with negative results.
- 1000 block of Sweet Home Road, complaint of two intoxicated females throwing beer bottles at a house. Suspects gone on arrival.
Sunday, Sept. 5
- 800 block of Center Street, hit-run accident. Patrol spoke with a male whose vehicle was parked and damaged; other vehicle fled the scene. Report filed.
- 3600 block of Creek Road, domestic. Patrol assisted NCSD; Domestic Incident Report filed.
- 4900 block of Creek Road, auto-stripping complaint. Statement taken from a 32-year-old male; report filed.
- 2700 block of Albright Road, fraud complaint. Statement taken from a 59-year-old female; report filed.
- 4300 block of Autumn Lane, possible harassment. Resolved by patrol.
- Lewiston-Queenston Bridge, suspended driver. Patrol reported the arrest of a 36-year-old male on a charge of facilitating aggravated unlicensed operation. Suspect arraigned at Lewiston Town Court and remanded to jail. Report filed.
- 4000 block of Creek Road and on Center Street, separate reckless driver complaints. Both gone on arrival.
- Ridge and Porter Center roads, road obstruction. Tires removed from the roadway by patrol.