Lewiston Police Blotter for Sept. 4by jmaloni
Thu, Sep 9th 2010 04:10 pmThe following activity occurred Monday, Aug. 23, to Sunday, Aug. 29, as reported by the Lewiston Police Department. A total of 87 calls were answered by LPD during this period.
Monday Aug. 23
- 3100 block of Military Road, suspicious vehicle. Patrol reported the possible theft of a boat/trailer from a business. An older truck, a Dodge Dakota, color black, was logged as a suspicious vehicle. Patrol checked the area and was unable to locate.
- 200 block of South Second Street, prowler complaint, attempted burglary. A 65-year-old male reported finding a ripped screen.
- Black Nose Spring Road at Myers Lake, abandoned boat. Registration number logged and vehicle towed.
- Mount St. Mary's Hospital and Health Center ER, fire alarm, smoke in building. Upper Mountain Volunteer Fire Co. on location for an electrical fire.
- 2200 block of Mount Hope Road, sister-sister domestic. Patrol spoke with two females, ages 24 and 19 years old and reported no problems.
- 400 block of Center Street, disturbing the peace at a bar/restaurant. Patrol reported a loud band on premises; call handled.
Tuesday, Aug. 24
- 300 block of Center Street, larceny complaint. Statement taken from a 61-year-old female; report filed.
- 4600 block of Stacey Court, criminal mischief. A 43-year-old female reports graffiti found on a garage door. Report to follow.
- 5600 block of Walmore Road, aggravated harassment. Statement taken from a 52-year-old female regarding a 27-year-old female. Investigation to continue; report to follow.
- Lewiston Town Court, warrant execution. Patrol reported the arrest of a 24-year-old female, charge not specified. Subject arraigned and released on her own recognizance. Report filed.
- Seneca Street and Portage Road, assist call. Patrol reports assisting New York State Parks Police on a vehicle/traffic stop. K-9 unit search of a 2000 Buick Regal, four-door, white color, conducted. Positive results on drugs found; 2.1 grams of marijuana found in an ashtray and 6.3 grams of marijuana found in the rear driver's side door. State Police handled the call.
- Water Street, assist call. Patrol reports assisting The Niagara County Sheriff's Department on a vehicle/traffic stop. K-9 unit search on a 1998 Chevrolet, two-door, green color, conducted. Positive results on drugs found; a marijuana pipe was found in the glove box. NCSD to pursue various charges.
- South Eighth Street, DWI arrest. Patrol reported the arrest of a 34-year-old male for Driving While Intoxicated. Blood Alcohol Content testing performed; BAC result. .13 of 1 percent of alcohol. Uniform traffic tickets issued and return Lewiston Town Court date assigned to driver, who was then released. Report filed.
- Water Street, disorderly conduct. Patrol reported the arrest of a 24-year-old male. Appearance ticket issued for Lewiston Town Court and subject released on his own recognizance. Report filed.
Wednesday, Aug. 25
- 400 block of Center Street, intoxicated person/unwanted party. Subject left without incident.
- Military and Upper Mountain roads, vehicle/traffic stop. Patrol reported the pullover/arrest of a 31-year-old male for third degree aggravated unlicensed operation. Uniform traffic tickets issued and return Lewiston Town Court date assigned. Report filed.
- 300 block of South Seventh Street, larceny from a vehicle. A male reported a GPS unit taken from a car; report filed.
- 200 block of North Fifth Street, burglary complaint. Statement taken from a 33-year-old male; no further details. Report filed.
- 4600 block of Perry Court, criminal mischief. Statement taken from a female regarding graffiti found on a garage door. Report filed.
- 600 block of Sara Court, criminal mischief. A 53-year-old female reported on graffiti found on a garage door and eggs thrown at the house. No report wished.
- Unspecified location, Alcohol Beverage Control violation. Suspects listed as two males, both 24 years old. Appearance tickets for Lewiston Town Court issued to both. Report filed.
- Unspecified location, DWI arrest. Patrol reported the arrest of a 50-year-old female on charges of driving with .08 of 1 percent or more of alcohol, Driving While Intoxicated and failure to keep right. Uniform traffic ticket issued to driver; hold placed on vehicle. Report filed.
Thursday, Aug. 26
- 800 block of Center Street, suspicious person complaint behind a business. All secure. Individuals were tenants.
- 900 block of James Drive, prowler complaint. Patrol spoke with a 60-year-old male who reported seeing flashlights and a dark vehicle facing eastbound in front of his house. Area and yard checked by patrol.
- 1000 block of Youngstown-Lockport Road, assist NCSD. Patrol assisted on a prowler complaint. A subject identified as an ex-boyfriend was found by patrol and advised to stay away from the residence.
- 2200 block of Saunders Settlement Road, harassment complaint at a gas/convenience business. Patrol reported a 21-year-old male was angry because he was unable to buy cigarettes. No report taken.
- 900 block of Center Street, larceny at a supermarket. Patrol listed a 30-year-old male as a suspect. Investigation to continue.
- Unspecified location, larceny from a garage. Statement taken from a 49-year-old male regarding a 12-speed racing bike taken. Report filed.
- 400 block of Center Street, noise complaint at a bar/restaurant. Patrol spoke to the manager, who shut the patio door; situation resolved.
Friday, Aug. 27
- Indian Hill Road, suspicious person complaint at a gas/convenience store. Patrol located a male who was waiting for a ride; no problems.
- 2800 block of Saunders Settlement Road, criminal mischief complaint. A female reported an unknown individual tossed a rock through a window.
- 4500 block of Porter-Center Road, check situation. Patrol advised of a male walking in the roadway. Patrol located a vehicle in a ditch and reported the driver fled on foot. Vehicle secured and patrol was checking the area.
- Unspecified location, arrest. Patrol reported the arrest of a 30-year-old male who was found stumbling around drunk on the road. Subject charged with leaving the scene of a property-damage-only accident and Driving While Intoxicated. Blood Alcohol Content testing refused. Suspect arraigned at Lewiston Town Court; bail of $1,000/$2,000 assigned. Report filed.
- Unspecified location, arrest. Patrol reported the arrest of a 16-year-old male juvenile from an earlier burglary complaint on the 200 block of North Fifth Street. Appearance ticket issued for Lewiston Town Court and subject released.
- Upper Mountain Road overpass, two-vehicle accident resulting in an arrest. Patrol reported the arrest of a male (no age listed) for aggravated unlicensed operation. Unspecified bail assigned and posted. No details on the other driver. No injuries or tows. Report filed.
- 700 block of Powell Lane, possible burglary/unwanted party. Building checked and found all secure; party gone on patrol's arrival.
- 800 block of Cayuga Street, harassment complaint. Statement taken from a 23-year-old female regarding a 19-year-old female. Report filed.
- Fairchild Place and North Eighth Street, check welfare for an intoxicated male lying on the ground. Subject gone on patrol's arrival.
- 1500 block of Upper Mountain Road, injury accident. Patrol listed a 21-year-old male as involved; Upper Mountain Fire Co. responders on location. Vehicle towed; report filed.
- Swann and Harold roads, property-damage-only accident. Driver left the scene; license number obtained. Patrol's investigation to continue.
Saturday, Aug. 28
- 5700 block of Buffalo Street, unauthorized vehicle use/arrest. Statement taken from a 36-year-old female complainant, resulting in the arrest of a 27-year-old male. Subject charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation and unauthorized use of a vehicle. Uniform traffic tickets and appearance tickets issued for Lewiston Town Court. Report filed.
- 800 block of Oriole Lane, suspicious person. Patrol informed of a newspaper delivery boy going through the complainant's vehicle. Call handled by State Police.
- South Fifth and Center streets, larceny. Unidentified complainant reported jewelry stolen from a tent overnight. Investigation to continue; report filed.
- 500 block of Morgan Drive, larceny from a vehicle. Statement taken from a 42-year-old male; report filed.
- 500 block of Morgan Drive, larceny from a vehicle. Statement taken from a 46-year-old female. Report filed.
Sunday, Aug. 29
- 800 block of Oneida Street, vehicle/traffic stop. Patrol reported an unfit driver who was not identified. Unspecified uniform traffic tickets issued and subject released.
- 700 block of Cayuga Street, unwanted party. Subject left without incident.
- 4600 block of Model City Road, burglary, criminal mischief incident. Statement taken from a 31-year-old male regarding a 32-year-old male. Complainant reported his car windows were smashed out. NCSD ID unit on location. Investigation to continue; report filed.