The Viking Diner set sail this month.
The decor inside harkens back to the building’s origins at The Clown House. The diner was originally a seasonal, walk-up snack shop with no inside seating
The new diner is located in the old McMahon’s Family Restaurant, which itself was one in a long line of eateries located there, such as The Clown House, which opened in May of 1955 and is depicted at left in a painting inside The Viking Diner, and later the Islander Restaurant.
The Viking Diner, owned by Christopher Polizzi, is located at 1849 Grand Island Blvd., and can be reached online at [email protected] or 716-773-9707.