Carrie Underwood (NBC photo)
Mon, Jul 30th 2018 11:45 am
NFL stars will join seven-time Grammy Award-winner and multi-Platinum superstar artist Carrie Underwood for her performance of the opening theme for primetime television's No. 1 program, NBC's "Sunday Night Football."
Ten NFL players, who have accounted for 19 Pro Bowl selections, five Super Bowl rings, and four first-round draft picks, participated in the open and took part in shoots this summer. Following is the complete list (*denotes debut in "SNF" open):
- Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott
- Los Angeles Rams QB Jared Goff*
- Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins*
- New York Giants RB Saquon Barkley*
- Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz*
- Philadelphia Eagles OT Lane Johnson*
- Philadelphia Eagles TE Zach Ertz*
- Philadelphia Eagles DT Fletcher Cox*
- Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
"SNF" finished the 2017-18 TV season as primetime's No. 1 TV show in all key metrics for an unprecedented seventh consecutive year - breaking a tie with "American Idol" for the most consecutive years atop the charts (since 1950), based on live plus same day data provided by Nielsen. "SNF" also ranked as the No. 1 show in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demographic for the eighth consecutive TV season.