Featured News - Current News - Archived News - News Categories

Big R postpones opener

by jmaloni
Fri, May 6th 2011 04:00 pm

Ransomville Speedway announced yesterday that due to unfavorable track conditions it elected to postpone the 2011 season opener scheduled for last evening until Friday, May 13.

"Due to persistent rain over the past three-four weeks and the high water table at this time of the year, we are unable to open on May 6," said Tana Robinson, Big R marketing and PR director.

"We're close but Mother Nature just isn't helping. All we need is three straight days of sunshine," stated co-promoter Jamie Friesen.

As a result Big R will try again on Friday evening, May 13.

Big R will hold a practice run on Tuesday, May 10. Gates will open at 5 p.m., and practice will take place at 6 p.m. and continue until dusk. Grandstands are free of charge. Pre-tech will be available.

Hometown News

View All News