Featured News - Current News - Archived News - News Categories

The Silo team is eager to welcome patrons back this summer, when permitted.
The Silo team is eager to welcome patrons back this summer, when permitted.

Summer events/seasonal eats update

by jmaloni
Fri, Apr 10th 2020 07:00 am

By Joshua Maloni

GM/Managing Editor

Niagara Frontier Publications printed an article last week updating readers on plans for the Artpark, Old Fort Niagara and Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours summer season, as well as Niagara River Region Chamber of Commerce festivals.

After the newspaper went to press, Laura Jacobs, a media agent for the Lewiston Garden Club’s June GardenFest, said, “I spoke with Lewiston GardenFest organizers. At this point they are cautiously optimistic and moving forward with the event.”

On Thursday, the Garden Club announced it would cancel a spring perennial sale.

The Lewiston Council on the Arts presents the Lewiston Art Festival each August, as well as weekly summer concerts at the Hennepin Park Gazebo. LCA Artistic Director Eva Nicklas said, “We're optimistic that the Lewiston Art Festival will take place as always, and we'll just have to wait and see about the other events.”

On Wednesday, The Silo Restaurant owner Alan Hastings and GM Lexi Alfiere said, “We are eager to open for the 2020 season and have already started to assemble our team. We wish that we could take advantage of the great spring weather to begin our training, but will keep things on hold for a little while. We are watching the situation closely and anticipate a delayed opening.

“As soon as things clear up and it is safe to reopen, we will get straight to work and keep everyone posted on our progress. We suggest our customers follow our Facebook and Instagram page to keep updated on our opening date.

“Please stay safe and stay home until we see you again at The Silo.”

At the end of March, The Hibbard’s Original Frozen Custard Facebook page stated, “Hibbard’s Custard will be postponing our spring opening until the third week of April barring any setbacks. Our employee/customer safety is our No. 1 priority.”

But with Gov. Andrew Cuomo keeping “New York on PAUSE” and prohibiting social gatherings until at least the end of this month, it looks like custard fans will have to wait a little longer.

On Thursday, Kris Trunzo told NFP, “At this moment, with all that is going on, we are just rolling along, putting everything in place for opening, whenever that may be. We are hoping that it is soon! But we are ever mindful of the situation going on around us.

“Please note that we will be introducing many new flavors this year, as well as custard sandwiches, which will be a partnership between Hibbard's Custard and The Village Bake Shoppe. We are planning a few surprises for the season, so please follow our Facebook page at ‘Hibbard’s Original Custard’ for further announcements.”

comments powered by Disqus

Hometown News

View All News