The Sisters of St. Francis of Penance and Christian Charity, Holy Name Province, located at Stella Niagara, wrapped up the month of August with the installation ceremony of its new leadership council. Elected to a four-year term are Sister Jo-Anne Grabowski, provincial minister, along with Sister Nancy Zelma, first councilor; Sisters Regina Snyder and Teresa Miklitsch, provincial councilors.
The council embarks on its four-year term with the following statement: "Imbued with hope, we recommit ourselves to our Franciscan values of deepening relationships, continuing to engage in diverse service and generously using our resources for the common good of our community and the world. Trusting in God's providence, open to risk we walk together."
The sponsored institutions of the Sisters of St. Francis of Penance and Christian Charity are the Center of Renewal Retreat and Conference Center; Stella Niagara Education Park; Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart; and Francis Center Children's and Women's Respite Program, Niagara Falls.
The Stella Niagara Franciscan sisters continue to minister in various capacities in Florida, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, West Virginia, Mexico and Tanzania, as well as caring for the infirm and elderly sisters of Holy Name Province.
The Sisters of St. Francis have served in the U.S. since 1874 and have been headquartered at Stella Niagara since 1908.