"American Idol" has found its new champion, Chayce Beckham (center). He is shown with host Ryan Seacrest and judges Katy Perry, Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan. (ABC photo by Eric McCandless)
America has voted and the newest 'American Idol' is ... Chayce Beckham
Mon, May 24th 2021 06:40 pm
Chayce Beckham was announced as the next "American Idol" during Sunday night’s live, coast-to-coast grand finale event on ABC.
The top three finalists – Beckham, runner-up Willie Spence and third-place finisher Grace Kinstler – each took the stage one last time to perform in hopes of securing America’s vote and, ultimately, become this season’s winner.
In addition to the finalists, “Idol’s” all-star celebrity judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie each performed a hit song during the show. Plus, the rest of the top nine returned to join renowned music artists Lindsey Buckingham, Alessia Cara, Luke Combs, Sheryl Crow, Fall Out Boy, Mickey Guyton, Chaka Khan, Leona Lewis and Macklemore on the “Idol” stage.
Grand finale performances included the following:
- Luke Bryan – “Living on a Prayer,” performed with Casey Bishop
- Katy Perry – “Thinking of You,” performed with Hunter Metts
- Lionel Richie – “One World,” performed with contestants
- Fall Out Boy – “My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up),” performed with Willie Spence, Deshawn Goncalves, Chayce Beckham and Hunter Metts
- Alessia Cara – “Scars To Your Beautiful,” performed with Grace Kinstler
- Leona Lewis – “You Are The Reason,” performed with Willie Spence
- Luke Combs – “Forever After All,” performed with Chayce Beckham
- Macklemore – “Can't Hold Us” by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, performed with the top 3 – Chayce Beckham, Grace Kinstler and Willie Spence
- Lindsey Buckingham – “Go Your Own Way” by Fleetwood Mac, performed with Cassandra Coleman
- Sheryl Crow – “Every Day Is A Winding Road” and “If It Makes You Happy,” performed with Graham DeFranco
- Chaka Khan – melody of “I’m Every Woman,” “Ain’t Nobody,” “Sweet Thing” and “Through the Fire,” performed with Deshawn Goncalves, Casey Bishop, Alyssa Wray, Cassandra Coleman and Grace Kinstler
- Mickey Guyton – “Black Like Me,” performed with Alyssa Wray
- Fans can follow “American Idol” (#AmericanIdol) on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
"American Idol" crowned its winner on a special three-hour season finale event on ABC. Pictured is host Ryan Seacrest with finalists Grace Kinstler, Willie Spence and Chayce Beckham. (ABC photo by Eric McCandless)
"American Idol" winner Chayce Beckham performs his new song, "23." (ABC photos by Eric McCandless)