Coronavirus stats for June 19
Fri, Jun 19th 2020 01:20 pm
Niagara County’s Department of Health issued the following update on positive COVID-19 cases in Niagara County:
- 2 new positive case, for a total of 1,207 positives to date (isolations + recoveries + deaths)
- 58 active cases (57 isolating at home, 1 in a hospital)
- 1,062 recovered
- 87 deaths (no change)
- 26,155 people tested, with less than 5% positive (source: https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/)
- Data on nursing home fatalities is tracked by New York state. That information can be at https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/diseases/covid-19/fatalities_nursing_home_acf.pdf.
- Quarantines, unlike isolations, are for people who are well and not showing symptoms, but may have been exposed to the virus. Right now, 75 people are in quarantine while 1,093 have completed quarantine.
Source: Niagara County “heat map”
As of 5 p.m. Wednesday, Erie County had a total of 6,821 confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 91 on Grand Island and 3,114 in the City of Buffalo. To date, 107,979 people have been tested (6.3% positive), with 621 deaths attributed to the coronavirus. Also, 62,909 people have taken an antibody test (6.8% positive).
Image courtesy of the Erie County “heat map”