The following update was posted to the Town of Niagara community Facebook page:
The Town of Niagara will begin the gradual process of reopening the Town Hall. Below are the procedures in place for the week of June 22:
1. Hours of Operation: 9:00 a.m – 1:00 p.m, Monday-Thursday (Closed Friday)
2. No walk-in foot traffic, business must be by appointment only
3. The courtroom doors will be the only external entrance open.
4. For appointments, please call the general Town Hall number (297-2150) then the specific department extension as follows:
a. Water/Sewer: Ext. 123 (Water bills should still be paid by mail)
b. Building Inspector: Ext. 126
c. Assessor: Ext. 129
d. Town Clerk: Ext. 131
e. Supervisor’s Office: Ext. 135
f. Highway: Ext. 142
g. Police: Ext. 145
Information for Visitors:
1. Visitors MUST wear a mask, or they will be denied entrance.
2. Visitors will enter through the courtroom doors and through the thermal scanner. Visitors with a temperature will be denied entrance and encouraged to get a COVID-19 test.
Important operating procedures:
1. There will be no walk-in business, all business via appointments only.
2. There will be two options for conducting business with the public:
Option A: Visitors will contact the office by phone once they are in the parking lot. When that department is ready for your respective appointment, they will be called and directed to the courtroom doors for entrance.
Option B: Visitors will proceed directly to the courtroom doors for entrance, once inside the building they will be staged in the courtroom, the officer manning the door will contact the appropriate office to notify them that their appointment has arrived.