Coronavirus stats for June 17
Wed, Jun 17th 2020 03:05 pm
Niagara County’s Department of Health issued the following update on positive COVID-19 cases in Niagara County:
- 1 new positive case, for a total of 1,200 positives to date (isolations + recoveries + deaths)
- 85 active cases (81 isolating at home, 4 in a hospital)
- 1,036 recovered
- 79 deaths (no change)
- 23,823 people tested, with less than 5% positive (source: https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/)
- Data on nursing home fatalities is tracked by New York state. That information can be at https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/diseases/covid-19/fatalities_nursing_home_acf.pdf.
- Quarantines, unlike isolations, are for people who are well and not showing symptoms, but may have been exposed to the virus. Right now, 104 people are in quarantine while 1,063 have completed quarantine.
Source: Niagara County “heat map”
As of 5 p.m. Monday, Erie County had a total of 6,749 confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 89 on Grand Island and 3,075 in the City of Buffalo. To date, 98,583 people have been tested (6.8% positive), with 602 deaths attributed to the coronavirus. Also, 60,091 people have taken an antibody test (6.9% positive). (These last two numbers haven’t been updated since the weekend.)
Image courtesy of the Erie County “heat map”