Coronavirus stats for June 12
Fri, Jun 12th 2020 02:00 pm
Niagara County’s Department of Health issued the following update on positive COVID-19 cases in Niagara County:
- 8 new positive cases, for a total of 1,177 positives to date (isolations + recoveries + deaths)
- 163 active cases (162 isolating at home, 1 in a hospital)
- 936 recovered
- 78 deaths (no change)
- 20,842 people tested, with less than 6% positive (source: https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/)
- Quarantines, unlike isolations, are for people who are well and not showing symptoms, but may have been exposed to the virus. Right now, 114 people are in quarantine and 1,028 have completed quarantine.
- Data on nursing home fatalities is tracked by New York state. That information can be at https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/diseases/covid-19/fatalities_nursing_home_acf.pdf.
Source: Niagara County “heat map”
As of 5 p.m. Wednesday, Erie County had a total of 6,581 confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 84 on Grand Island and 2,967 in the City of Buffalo. To date, 89,981 people have been tested (7.3% positive), with 587 deaths attributed to the coronavirus. Also, 57,050 people have taken an antibody test (7% positive).
Image courtesy of the Erie County “heat map”