Coronavirus stats for June 10
Wed, Jun 10th 2020 03:45 pm
Niagara County’s Department of Health issued the following update on positive COVID-19 cases in Niagara County: “We regretfully report the death of two Niagara County residents due to COVID-19. We extend our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of these individuals.”
The deceased include:
- A 62-year-old male with underlying health conditions
- A 95-year-old male with underlying health conditions
The rest of the update is as follows:
- 9 new positive cases, for a total of 1,163 positives to date (isolations + recoveries + deaths)
- 182 active cases (176 isolating at home, 6 in a hospital)
- 904 recovered
- 77 deaths
- 19,709 people tested, with less than 6% positive (source: https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/)
- Data on nursing home fatalities is tracked by New York state. That information can be at https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/diseases/covid-19/fatalities_nursing_home_acf.pdf.
- Quarantines, unlike isolations, are for people who are well and not showing symptoms, but may have been exposed to the virus. Right now, 127 people are in quarantine while 1,009 have completed quarantine.
Source: Niagara County “heat map”
As of 5 p.m. Tuesday, Erie County had a total of 6,543 confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 85 on Grand Island and 2,944 in the City of Buffalo. To date, 85,120 people have been tested (7.7% positive), with 580 deaths attributed to the coronavirus. Also, 56,007 people have taken an antibody test (7% positive).
Image courtesy of the Erie County “heat map”