Coronavirus stats for June 5
Fri, Jun 5th 2020 11:30 am
Niagara County’s Department of Health issued the following update on positive COVID-19 cases in Niagara County: “We regretfully report the deaths of five Niagara County residents due to COVID-19. We extend our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of these individuals.”
The deceased include:
- A 74-year-old female with underlying health conditions
- A 78-year-old female with underlying health conditions
- An 82-year-old female with underlying health conditions
- An 81-year-old male with underlying health conditions
- A 90-year-old male with underlying health conditions
The rest of the update is as follows:
- 19 new positive cases, for a total of 1,123 positives to date (isolations + recoveries + deaths)
- 203 active cases (191 isolating at home, 12 in a hospital)
- 845 recovered
- 75 deaths
- 16,102 people tested, with less than 7% positive (source: https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/)
- Data on nursing home fatalities is tracked by New York state. That information can be at https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/diseases/covid-19/fatalities_nursing_home_acf.pdf.
- Quarantines, unlike isolations, are for people who are well and not showing symptoms, but may have been exposed to the virus. Right now, 155 people are in quarantine while 943 have completed quarantine.
Source: Niagara County “heat map”
As of 5 p.m. Thursday, Erie County had a total of 6,289 confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 70 on Grand Island and 2,773 in the City of Buffalo. To date, 68,767 people have been tested (9.1% positive), with 556 deaths attributed to the coronavirus. Also, 51,985 people have taken an antibody test (7.2% positive).
Image courtesy of the Erie County “heat map”