Coronavirus stats for June 3
Wed, Jun 3rd 2020 02:30 pm
Niagara County’s Department of Health issued the following update on positive COVID-19 cases in Niagara County:
- 6 new positive cases, for a total of 1,090 positives to date (isolations + recoveries + deaths)
- 214 active cases (202 isolating at home, 12 in a hospital)
- 806 recovered
- 70 deaths (no change)
- 14,708 people tested, with less than 8% positive (source: https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/)
- Data on nursing home fatalities is tracked by New York state. That information can be at https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/diseases/covid-19/fatalities_nursing_home_acf.pdf.
- Quarantines, unlike isolations, are for people who are well and not showing symptoms, but may have been exposed to the virus. Right now, 174 people are in quarantine while 903 have completed quarantine.
Source: Niagara County “heat map”
As of 5 p.m. Tuesday, Erie County had a total of 6,187 confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 76 on Grand Island and 2,710 in the City of Buffalo. To date, 62,628 people have been tested (9.9% positive), with 545 deaths attributed to the coronavirus. Also, 48,431 people have taken an antibody test (7.4% positive).
Image courtesy of the Erie County “heat map”