Niagara County loses 4 more to COVID-19; latest county stats
Wed, Apr 15th 2020 11:35 am
The Niagara County Department of Health issued the following update on positive COVID-19 cases in Niagara County.
“We are very sad to report the death of four more Niagara County residents due to COVID-19,” a press release read. That includes:
- 92-year-old female with underlying health conditions
- 80-year-old male with underlying health conditions
- 92-year-old male with underlying health conditions
- 31-year-old male with no underlying health conditions
Today’s statistics reveal:
- 13 new positive cases, for a total of 229 to date
- 121 in isolation (96 isolating at home, 25 in hospital isolation)
- 99 recovered
- 9 deaths
- 973 people tested (source: https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/)
- 158 in quarantine
- 231 completed quarantine
- The Niagara County “heat map” breaks down the positive cases down by municipality.
Erie County, meanwhile, has 1,730 reported cases as 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, with 641 in Buffalo and 31 on Grand Island.
Moreover, there are 84 COVID-19-related deaths among residents.
The Erie County Department of Health online case mapping system can be viewed at www.erie.gov/covidmap.