United Way of Greater Niagara's annual meeting and awards breakfast was held Friday at the Wurlitzer. Pictured are Chris Rhue; Tim Carter; Salvation Army captains Steve and Delia Carroll; Rick Dorey; Barb Pilmore; Marcita Shank; John Stewart; Maureen Mahar; Diane Malley; Marcus Latham; Rick Eldridge; Michael Sigurdson; Teresa Contrange; Marlon Thornton; William Tiger; and Jim Briggs. (Image courtesy of Danielle Marie Communications)
United Way of Greater Niagara hosts 9th annual meeting & awards breakfast
Sat, Apr 13th 2019 08:10 am
Local leaders and charitable companies were honored Friday, as the United Way of Greater Niagara hosted its ninth annual meeting and awards breakfast at the Wurlitzer Event Center in North Tonawanda.
Lauded for their commitment and contributions to UWGN and the Niagara Region:
- Norman Sinclair Humanitarian Award: William Tiger
- Think Positive, Think United Way Award: Jim Briggs
- Outstanding Employee Coordinator Award: Marcus Latham
- Outstanding Agency Ambassadors: Marlon Thornton and Steve Ferguson
- Horizon Award: Durez Corp.
- President’s Award: Wegmans
- Service Cup Award: The Salvation Army of Niagara Falls
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Chris Rhue
- Shining Star Award: Fed-Ex Trade Networks
- School District of the Year Award: Wilson Central School District
“It’s certainly been an exciting year for United Way of Greater Niagara, and we’re excited to celebrate our many accomplishments from the past year, as well as share our plans for the upcoming campaign,” UWGN board chairman Robert Kazeangin said prior to the event. “Most importantly, we look forward to honoring the dedication and service of so many amazing local individuals and organizations who were instrumental in making our 2018 such a huge success, and who every day inspire others in our community to live out United Way’s mission.”
The event also celebrated the organization’s 2018 annual campaign, which raised over $1 million to support 46 programs provided by 29 different agencies in Niagara County.