Niagara-Wheatfield Central School District pre-kindergarten program
Thu, Feb 28th 2019 12:25 pm
The New York State Education Department has awarded the Niagara-Wheatfield Central School District an annualized grant for pre-kindergarten, initiated in February.
The pre-kindergarten program is contingent upon the availability of New York state pre-kindergarten grant funds. The program continues to accept applications for the spring. Additionally, the district is now accepting applications with completed registration packets for September for all Niagara-Wheatfield children whose dates of birth fall between Dec. 2, 2014, and Dec. 1, 2015 (must be age 4 on or before Dec. 1, 2019).
There are 141 spots available for Niagara-Wheatfield students; participants will be chosen by lottery if applicants exceed the total allotment. The Niagara-Wheatfield School District pre-kindergarten program is located at two of Bunny Bunch Daycare’s locations, 2578 Niagara Falls Blvd., Niagara Falls, NY 14304 and 7181 Ward Road North Tonawanda, NY 14120.
- Pre-kindergarten students attend a full day of school: Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- There is no charge to enroll a child in this program.
- Parents are responsible for transportation to and from the site.
- Options are available for before and after school care from Bunny Bunch for a fee.
- Applications and registration packets are available and must be received by 3 p.m. on Friday, March 8, at Niagara-Wheatfield District Office, for consideration of fall enrollment.
- Applications are attached and will also be available on the district website at www.nwcsd.org and in the main offices of all Niagara-Wheatfield school buildings.
- If applications exceed maximum enrollment, a public lottery will be conducted at 4 p.m. on March 8.
- Completed pre-kindergarten applications and registration packets should be forwarded to: Niagara-Wheatfield Central School District Office, PO Box 309, Sanborn, NY 14132 or brought directly to the district office at 5700 West St.
- Be aware that the formal registration form requires proof of residency and documentation of physicals and dental visits within the last year.
- Those with questions regarding the application/registration process, call Jessica O’Hern, director of special programs at 215-3012.