Recently, the Chamber of Commerce of the Tonawandas named Twin City Ambulance its January member of the month.
Twin City Ambulance was established in 1955 and purchased by Gerald Clark in 1956. It is the oldest private ambulance service in the Buffalo area. It employs 250 people and operates a fleet of 40 vehicles. The area of operation covers the Twin Cities, Town of Tonawanda, Kenmore, Amherst, Williamsville, Clarence, Newstead, Akron, Grand Island, Lockport, Pendleton, Adams and Frontier fire companies.
Clark was a pioneer in the field of emergency medical services. He believed in bringing nothing but the best and most advanced cared to his patients. Under his leadership, Twin City was the first area service to have personnel trained as EMTs and brought the first paramedic service to Niagara County. His legacy continues on with three generations the Clark family, his wife Patricia, son Terence, daughter Victoria, and granddaughter Valerie.
Its Special Events Standby Division deploys personnel and resources to sporting events, concerts and festivals. They are the current contract provider for the Key Bank Center, Coca Cola Field, Shea's Performing Art Center, Artpark, the Allentown Festival and the Italian Heritage Festival.
Twin City's state-of-the-art training center, located at 555 Commerce Drive, offers safety courses to the general public, as well as, continuing education for first responders. The fall of 2017 introduced their first Emergency Medical Training Course.
Pictured are members of the chamber, as well as staff from Twin City Ambulance.