Buffalo to return to Penn State for second consecutive preseason
The Buffalo Sabres on Monday announced the team's 2017 preseason schedule. The team will play six games, including three home games at KeyBank Center.
Ticket information and pricing will be announced at a later date.
Among their other three games, the Sabres will play two neutral-site contests, including a game at Pegula Ice Arena at Pennsylvania State University on Tuesday, Sept. 19, against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The Sabres and Penguins will face off in the second ever game between NHL teams since Pegula Ice Arena opened on Oct. 11, 2013, as home of Penn State's NCAA Division I men's and women's ice hockey teams. The Sabres previously opened their 2016 preseason schedule at Penn State against the Minnesota Wild.
Now in its fourth season since opening, Pegula Ice Arena has posted 57 straight sellouts for the school's men's hockey team, which made its first NCAA tournament appearance this season. The 5,782-seat arena, which was funded as part of a $102 million donation by Sabres owners Terry and Kim Pegula, was planned in 2010 with the amenities required to host professional exhibition games.
Below is the complete 2017 Buffalo Sabres preseason schedule (all times EST):
- Sept. 18, Carolina at Buffalo 7 p.m. KeyBank Center
- Sept. 19, Pittsburgh at Buffalo 7 p.m. Pegula Ice Arena (Penn State University)
- Sept. 22, Buffalo at Toronto 7:30 p.m. Ricoh Coliseum (Toronto, Ontario)
- Sept. 23, Toronto at Buffalo 7 p.m. KeyBank Center
- Sept. 27, Buffalo at Pittsburgh 7 p.m. PPG Paints Arena
- Sept. 29, NY Islanders at Buffalo 7 p.m. KeyBank Center