Community Missions of Niagara Frontier Inc. held its 25th annual Compassion in Action Awards Brunch on Wednesday afternoon at the LaSalle Yacht Club in Niagara Falls.
The event honors the many volunteers who help the agency throughout the year, while also recognizing award winners chosen by departments throughout the organization. In addition, Executive Director Robyn L. Krueger presents a Director's Award annually, along with the Sharon Kroetsch Memorial Award to an outstanding member of the board of directors.
Approximately 130 attendees, including Bonnie Kane Lockwood representing U.S. Rep. Brian Higgins, and Robert Welch representing New York State Sen. Robert Ortt, honored the following award winners:
- Katherine Ellman, Northwest Bank - Finance Award
- Dorothy Tubinis and Elks Lodge No. 346 - Youth Services Award
- Jodi McKay, LMSW, Niagara County Department of Mental Health - Mental Health Recovery Services Award
- Officer Elaine Hertel, Niagara County Department of Probation - Mental Health Housing Services Award
- Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls - Crisis and Community Services Award
- St. James United Methodist Church with Lee Clark, Richard Chapman and Jan Babcock - Ministry and Community Partnerships Award
- Katie Alexander, WIVB-TV Channel 4 - Media Award
- Peter and Elizabeth C. Tower Foundation - Public Relations Award
- Niagara University - Director's Award
- Michael Lewis, Ph.D., CMI board president - Sharon Kroetsch Memorial Award
Community Missions has provided the Niagara community with a wide range of vital services since 1925. In 2016, CMI provided more than 89,000 meals and 11,000 nights of care within its crisis services programs. Additional agency programs serve adults and youth with psychiatric disabilities, parolees, at-risk youth and other underserved populations in both residential and recovery-oriented settings.
Pictured: Community Missions held its 25th annual Compassion In Action Awards Brunch on Wednesday afternoon at the LaSalle Yacht Club. Pictured, first row from left: Jodi McKay, LMSW; Dorothy Tubinis; Teresa Costello (Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls); Jan Babcock; Patti Wrobel; Megan MacDavey (Peter & Elizabeth C. Tower Foundation); and second row, from left: Katie Alexander; Michael Lewis, Ph.D.; Katherine Ellman; Officer Elaine Hertel; Richard Chapman; and Pastor Matt Kofahl.