Pictured: Evette Slaughter with her Best of Show piece, "Chinatown" (oil).
Sat, Aug 13th 2016 08:45 pm
Winners of the 2016 Lewiston Art Festival were announced
Saturday night by the Lewiston Council on the Arts.
The Art Festival continues Sunday. Click the links at the bottom to learn more about this year's 50th anniversary event.
Best of Show
- Evette Slaughter, "Chinatown," oil
Painting: Oil and
- First place, Geoffry Harding, "The Diplomat," oil
- Second place, Jake Linkowski,
"Alone on the lake," oil
- Third place, Douglas Mess, "Paris Café," oil
- First place, Kathleen Giles, "A Sustaining Passion"
- Second place, Kathleen Dworak, "Chrome and Mirrors"
- Third place, Mary Furlong, "Falls View"
- First place, David Lawrence Reade, "Solitary Solitude"
- Second place, Kevin Schoonover, "Time Remembers"
- Third place, William Butski (College Alley student), "Rural
- Honorable mention, James Neiss, "Forest Queen"
Graphic Arts and
- First place, Deborah Kristich, "Crossed, "Digital
- Second place, Amanda Polanski, "Navy Bratt," color pencil
- Third place, D. Kim Reeves, "The Walrus was Paul," acrylic
- Honorable mention, Elizabeth Andrews, "Blue Beard's Dungeon,"
- First place, Madeline Haenle (College Alley student), "Old
Man," stoneware clay
- Second place, Marc Gaiger, "Mantle Clock," wood/metal
- Third place, Colleen Williams, "Are you reading me?," Stoneware
- Honorable mention, Mark English, "Hope," recycled steel
- First place, Kathryn Nidy, contemporary hand weaving
- Second place, Joshua Fraass (College Alley student), "Life
- Third place, Dale Marriot, "Night Ocean House," bonded
- Honorable mention, Ryan McDaniel, "Cherry Springs Stars," charcoal/acrylic
acetone on paper
- First place, Lisa Ballowe, "Horse Tail Splendor," bead
- Second place, Mark Van de Bogart, "Tourmaline Treasure," gold
- Third place, Leanne Marquis, "Labradorite Rising"
- Honorable mention, Bonnie Heddon, "Tourmaline Song"
Artistic Craft: other
(glass, wood, fiber ceramic, etc.)
- First place, John Baun, "Still Waters I & II," wood
- Second place, Suzanne O'Brien, "Remembrance," wet felting
- Third place, Joe Wiesnet, "The Herd," wood
- Honorable mention, Bruce McCausland, "The Mandala," ceramic
Best Booth Display
KeyBank Chalk Walk
First place, Grand Island
Second place, Lewiston-Porter Team No. 2
Third place, Lewiston-Porter Team No. 1
President's Choice Award, Mount St. Mary's Academy
People's Choice Award, Sweet Home High School
Chalk Walk photos by Wayne Peters
KeyBank Chalk Walk
Competition winning team members
- Grand Island High School: Alexis Hy, Lovepreet Kaur, Julie Klein; instructor: Megan Gaiek
- Lewiston-Porter Team No. 2: Sophie Barner, Jordan Lindsay, Ashley Meagher; instructor: Cynthia Sanchez
- Lewiston-Porter Team No. 1: Emma Ross, Sydney Wade, Kyle Templin; instructor: Sanchez
- Mount St. Mary's Academy: Susan Dobrasz, Kristen Armstrong,
Rebecca Dobrasz; instructor: Lisa Baco
- Sweet Home High School: Jenelle Grimm, Mariana Matos, Sarah Price; instructor: Ryan McCaffery
Grand Island High School with its winning Chalk Walk entry.
Photo by K&D Action Photo and Aerial Imaging