"Dancing with the Stars" is back with a new, dynamic cast of celebrities who hit the ballroom floor and celebrated the show's landmark 25th season on Monday. The competition began with the two-hour season premiere, live, on The ABC Television Network. It kicked off with an opening number featuring head judge Len Goodman and the entire cast of "Dancing with the Stars," choreographed by the show's own Emmy-winning Mandy Moore.
This season's lineup of celebrity dancers includes a "Shark," a married couple whose pro partners are also a married couple, a "Pretty Little Liar," a "Property Brother," an '80s pop icon, a WWE superstar, an NBA champion and a YouTube super-superstar, to name just a few. Each couple will perform a salsa, foxtrot, tango or cha cha, vying for America's vote.
In the season premiere, the couples danced to the following songs (in alphabetical order):
- Barbara Corcoran and Keo Motsepe - salsa - "Money Maker" by Ludacris featuring Pharrell
- Debbie Gibson and Alan Bersten - foxtrot - "Lost in Your Eyes" by Debbie Gibson
- Derek Fisher and Sharna Burgess - salsa - "Basketball" by Kurtis Blow
- Drew Scott and Emma Slater - foxtrot - "Our House" by Madness
- Frankie Muniz and Witney Carson - foxtrot - "Sign of the Times" by Harry Styles
- Jordan Fisher and Lindsay Arnold - tango - "There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back" by Shawn Mendes
- Lindsey Stirling and Mark Ballas - cha cha - "Don't Worry" by Madcon
- Nick Lachey and Peta Murgatroyd - cha cha - "Come Get It Bae" by Pharrell Williams
- Nikki Bella and Artem Chigvintsev - tango - "So What!" by P!nk
- Sasha Pieterse and Gleb Savchenko - cha cha - "Like That" by Fleur East
- Terrell Owens and Cheryl Burke - cha cha - "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" by The Temptations
- Vanessa Lachey and Maks Chmerkovskiy - cha cha - "Woman" by Kesha featuring The Dap-Kings Horns
- Victoria Arlen and Val Chmerkovskiy - cha cha - "Born Ready" by Disco Fries featuring Hope Murphy
No couples will be eliminated following week one. They will all advance to week two of the competition.
Hosted by two-time Emmy-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews, "Dancing with the Stars" is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including Goodman and dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.