Richard Wood, left center, holds a citation congratulating the Holy Name Society of St. Peter Church in Lewiston on the 100th anniversary of its formation at the parish in 1916. Wood, who joined the Holy Name Society in 1950, has been a member of St. Peter's parish since 1955.
The society was established at the parish when the church was located on Plain Street in the Village of Lewiston.
Among the members attending the recent anniversary reception, hosted by the parish's pastor, Monsignor David G. LiPuma, were, from left, James Langlois, Peter Nagy, Judge Michael Roemer, John Alquist, J.J. Alquist, LiPuma, Wood, John Gadawski, William Heinz, John Beresny, William Taczak, Dr. Richard Sawicki, Joseph Conti, Linus Ormsby and Randy Gorzka.
The New York State Assembly citation was presented by Assemblyman John D. Ceretto, a member of the society.