The Community Thrift Store and Donation Center at Historic Holy Trinity, 1419 Falls St., Niagara Falls, is celebrating its fifth anniversary of giving back to the community.
Join in from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Saturday, April 30, for complimentary refreshments, 10 percent off the purchase of one item, a 50/50 split raffle and hearty tomato soup.
The Thrift Store and Donation Center, which opened its doors April 30, 2011, on the eve of the beatification of now St. John Paul II, is located in the former Holy Trinity School. The original purpose of helping those in need with clothes and shoes has remained constant over the past five years. In addition to clothes and shoes, other items such as furniture, small appliances, household items, Christmas and other holiday decorations are also available for purchase.
Historic Holy Trinity is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that is run under the auspices of Niagara Heritage of Hope and Service Inc. The mission of Niagara Heritage of Hope and Service Inc. is to make a positive difference in the local and visiting community coming to Western New York by organizing youth and family-oriented events. The complex is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The organization serves the poor of the community, holds special events such as lectures, concerts and other public programs, and preserves and maintains the structures of this national landmark.
For more information, call 716-299-0799.