Arts Services Initiative announces 2015 'Give for Greatness' grant awards
Wed, Dec 2nd 2015 03:40 pm
30 cultural organizations in 5 counties funded through
Arts Services Initiative of Western New York (ASI) announced the
recipients of the 2015 "Give for Greatness" grants. Thirty grants providing
general operating support in the amount of $1,000 each were awarded to cultural
organizations across ASI's entire five-county service area thanks to several
fundraising initiatives throughout the year.
Out of 83 applicants, the following 30 organizations were chosen by a
panel of local cultural leaders:
- 1891 Fredonia Opera House
- Brazen-Faced Varlets
- Buffalo Religious Arts Center
- Cattaraugus County Arts Council
- Cuba Circulating Library
- Dreamland Arts Inc.
- EARTH'S DAUGHTERS: A Feminist Arts Periodical
- El Buen Amigo / Latin American Cultural Association
- Friends of Vienna
- Greater Buffalo Youth Orchestra
- Harmonia Chamber Singers
- Hispanic Heritage Council of Western New York
- Lewiston Council on the Arts Inc.
- Lockside Art Center
- Net Positive (dba The Foundry)
- Neto Hatinakwe Onkwehowe
- Niagara Arts and Cultural Center
- North Shore Arts Alliance
- Patterson Library
- PDdance (National Parkinson Foundation WNY)
- Southern Tier Symphony Inc.
- Sportsmen's Americana Music Foundation
- Springville Center for the Arts
- Squeaky Wheel Film & Media Art Center
- Subversive Theatre Collective
- Sugar City
- Torn Space Theater
- Western New York Book Arts Center
"The 2015 'Give for Greatness' grant recipients represent some
important cultural organizations doing great work across Western New York," ASI
Executive Director Tod A. Kniazuk said. "They show the incredible depth and breadth of
arts and culture across disciplines and geography, and ASI is proud to be able
to empower them through our 'Give for Greatness' program."
Efforts to raise the funds for the grants were led by the "Give for
Greatness" committee - Ken Africano (chair), Anthony Billoni, Kelly Diggins,
James Marotto, Theresa Quinn and Chris Ring.
"In the spirit of #GivingTuesday, I am thrilled to be able to
award the money we have raised over the course of the past year," Africano
said. "Knowing that the funds are earmarked to support the small and emerging
not-for-profit arts and cultural organizations is especially satisfying."
Funds for the "Give for Greatness" grants were raised through several
fundraising events in late 2014 and throughout this year, including:
- The Kootsie Ball (Rupp Family Foundation)
- Lawyers for the Arts;
- "The Best of Broadway" collaboration between the Buffalo Philharmonic
Orchestra and the local theater community, and
- The Corporate Battle of the Bands.
The list of companies, foundations and individuals who supported "Give
for Greatness" through those events:
- 15 Fingers
- Arthur G. Baumeister Jr. Esq.
- Atti Law Firm, PLLC
- Bender & Bender, LLP
- Bernhardi Lukasik PLLC
- Bouvier Partnership, LLP
- Brown Chiari LLP
- Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra
- Cassidy Legal
- Cellino & Barnes
- Cohen & Lombardo, P.C.
- Counsel Financial and Plaintiff Support Services
- Curbell, Inc.
- Dansa & D'Arata, LLP
- David Roach
- Dennis J. Bischof LLC
- Designed Settlement Services, Inc.
- Duke Holzman Photiadis & Gresens, LLP
- Edward Pace/Pace & Pace LLC
- Entercom Radio
- Francis M. Letro
- Fund for the Arts
- Goldberg Segalla LLP
- Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
- Hiscock & Barclay
- Ingram Micro
- Insty-Prints of Buffalo
- Irish Classical Theatre Company
- Jack W. Hunt and Associates Inc., Court Reporting Specialists
- Joseph A. Matteliano, Esq.
- Joseph E. O'Donnell, Esq.
- Kleinhans Music Hall
- Law Offices of Loran Bommer
- LeRoi C. Johnson, Esq.
- Lewandowski and Associates
- Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria LLP
- Lipsitz & Ponterio, LLC
- Lucy Dadd and Andrew Emerson
- M&T Charitable Foundation
- Michael D. Denz
- MusicalFare Theatre
- National Fuel Gas Distribution Corp.
- Phillips Lytle LLP
- The Rupp Family Foundation
- Saeli Law Office, P.C
- Smith, Miner, O'Shea & Smith, LLP
- University at Buffalo
- Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP