Top 13 singers advance and will perform on a special 2-hour 'Rising Star' Sundayby jmaloni
After six weeks of competition, the singers from ABC's new groundbreaking reality series "Rising Star" have been narrowed down to the top 13 and will go against one another to compete for the highest scores Sunday, Aug. 3 (9 p.m.), on the ABC Television Network.
At the end of the two hours, in the most dramatic show yet, only eight singers will move on - and five will go home.
The top 13 singers competing for a recording contract with Capitol Records are:
- Alice J. Lee, 25, of Chicago
- April Lockhart, 18, of Warren, New Jersey
- Audrey Kate Geiger, 24, New York, NY
- Austin French, 20, of Tifton, Georgia
- Dana Williams, 24, of Los Angeles
- Jesse Kinch, 20, of Seaford, New York
- Joshua Peavy, 28, of Soperton, Georgia
- Lisa Punch, 21, of Brooklyn
- Macy Kate, 16, of St. Petersburg, Florida
- Maneepat Myra Molloy, 16, of Los Angeles
- Megan Tibbits, 26, of Caro, Michigan
- Shameia Crawford, 30, of Lithonia, Georgia
- Sonnet Simmons, 34, of Los Angeles
Internationally acclaimed singer-songwriter Josh Groban is host, and country music superstar Brad Paisley, music sensation Kesha and hip-hop artist and actor Ludacris comprise the expert panel on ABC's "Rising Star."