Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel enlivens downtown Niagara Falls with outdoor entertainmentby jmaloni
The outdoor area surrounding Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel in downtown Niagara Falls will have a high-energy vibe on weekends this summer. Starting today through early August, unique and renowned street performers from Las Vegas will perform outdoors along the pedestrian bridge over Seneca Square and near the Fourth Street entranceway to the casino resort.
The two acts, provided by Las Vegas-based Farrington Entertainment & Productions, are Fire Magick and Cyr Wheel Man - the former consisting of a duo team of creative fire and LED artists, and the latter consisting of a solo acrobatic act inside a spinning wheel.
The performances will alternate on the half-hours between 6 p.m. and midnight on Fridays and Saturdays, as well as between 1 and 5 p.m. on Sundays, weather permitting. A bonus day of performances will take place Thursday, July 3. Music will play in the background as the performers entertain crowds.
"These performers will be wildly entertaining - not just for our guests, but also for the countless visitors to the region this summer," said Audrey Oswell, chief operating officer at Seneca Gaming Corp. "With a renovated casino floor and hot new nightlife destination of STIR indoors, a beautifully redesigned and landscaped Seneca Square outdoors, and now these eye-catching artists, we're looking to create a vibe that will radiate throughout the heart of downtown Niagara Falls."
Fire Magick consists of Isis and FloFox, masters of fire and LED-light manipulation. They have entertained at major outdoor events and festivals, nightclubs, street fairs and grand openings. Their unusual and artistic presentations attract and entertain guests whenever they act. They will perform as a team and solo with fire staffs, fire fans, LED wands, LED fans, LED hoops and fire eating.
The vast skill set displayed by the Cyr Wheel Man is something that will be new to many people. The performer, known simply as Joseph, gained a reputation as an exciting, dynamic and engaging artist through many performances in Times Square, as well as festivals nationwide. He manipulates a larger-than-life metal ring, performing feats of strength, agility and balance as the Cyr Wheel spins and rolls.
A full schedule of upcoming performances is as follows:
- Friday, June 27: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Saturday, June 28: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Sunday, June 29: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, July 3: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Friday, July 4: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Saturday, July 5: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Sunday, July 6: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Friday, July 11: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Saturday, July 12: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Sunday, July 13: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Friday, July 18: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Saturday, July 19: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Sunday, July 20: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Friday, July 25: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Saturday, July 26: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Sunday, July 27: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 1: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Saturday, Aug. 2: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Sunday, Aug. 3: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 8: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Saturday, Aug. 9: 6 p.m. to midnight
- Sunday, Aug. 10: 1 to 5 p.m.
More information is available by calling 1-877-8-SENECA (1-877-873-6322) or visiting www.SenecaCasinos.com. Connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, download our mobile app and view us on YouTube.
Fire Magick (outside) and Cyr Wheel Man