Firehouse Subs, a member of the Niagara River Region Chamber of Commerce, held a grand opening ribbon-cutting Saturday, May 3, with members of the chamber, elected officials, Fashion Outlets of Niagara staff and Niagara Active House Fire Co.
Niagara County Legislature Chairman William Ross presented a proclamation on behalf of the county. Located at 1900 Military Road near the front entrance of the mall, the franchise is owned by Lindsey Johnson and Brittney Hornblass-Notz.
Shown during the proclamation presentation, from left are Michele Hornblass, Ross, Howard Hornblass, Brittney Hornblass-Notz, Mike Notz and Lindsey Johnson.
Each Firehouse Subs franchise sports a mural inside depicting the area. People attending the grand opening commented on the resemblance to Niagara Active Hose Fire Capt. John Guiher and EMS Capt. Alexandria Lewis (second photo) to the two people shown rescuing a dog at the falls in this franchise's mural.