'Zooper Saturday' features big cats this weekendby jmaloni
The Buffalo Zoo will hold a "Zooper Saturday" event this weekend, featuring the "big cats."
Learn all there is to know about the lions, tigers, snow leopards and serval at the zoo. Families can take advantage of keeper talks, animal demonstrations and enrichment activities, as well as face-painting and a raffle.
Plaster casts of actual big cat paw prints will be available for purchase during the event.
"Zooper Saturday" runs from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. Activities are free with regular admission. A full schedule of activities follows:
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Raffle ticket and animal artifacts for sale in TOPS EcoStation
- Noon-2 p.m. Face-painting in TOPS EcoStation
- 11:30 a.m. Snow leopard training session at Vanishing Animals North
- 12:30 p.m. Lion enrichment at lion exhibit
- 1:30 p.m. Tiger enrichment at tiger exhibit
- 2:30 p.m. Serval keeper talk in TOPS EcoStation
The popular polar bear cubs, Luna and Kali, will be on exhibit until 1 p.m., instead of their usual 2 p.m., so the tigers can be on exhibit during "Zooper Saturday" activities.
For more information about this event at 300 Parkside Ave., Buffalo, call 716-995-6133 or visit www.buffalozoo.org.
Activities in the tiger exhibit are sponsored by Perry's Ice Cream.