Niagara County Department of Health: free breast and cervical cancer screening, colon cancer risk assessments, in-home screening kitsby jmaloni
Throughout the month of March, free colon cancer risk assessments and in-home screening kits will be available for qualified men and women ages 50 through 64, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the following locations:
- Monday, March 3 - Mount St. Mary's Hospital, 5300 Military Road, Lewiston
- Tuesday, March 4 - Mount St. Mary's Neighborhood Health Center - 3101 Ninth St., Niagara Falls
- Monday, March 10 - Eastern Niagara Hospital, 521 East Ave., Lockport
- Tuesday, March 18 - Summit Healthplex, 6934 Williams Road, Wheatfield
- Wednesday, March 19 - Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, 621 10th St., Niagara Falls
- Monday, March 24 - DeGraff Memorial Hospital, 445 Tremont St., North Tonawanda
No appointments are necessary. For uninsured individuals, the Cancer Services Program will cover the cost of processing the kits. Those with health insurance should bring their insurance cards.
The Niagara County Department of Health Cancer Services Program, in collaboration with all Niagara County hospitals, sponsors this event. The program provides free colon cancer screening for men and women age 50 through 64, and free breast and cervical cancer screening for uninsured women ages 40 through 64. For more information, call the Cancer Services Program of Niagara County at 716-278-8254.