Featured News - Current News - Archived News - News Categories

Local transportation projects to receive grant funds

by jmaloni

Submitted

Fri, Jan 17th 2014 09:20 pm

Maziarz highlights local projects in Pendleton, Newfane

State Sen. George Maziarz, R-C-Newfane, has confirmed two projects in his district were included in a round of Transportation Enhancement Program grants announced this week by the New York State Department of Transportation.

The Town of Pendleton will receive $640,153 for the Pendleton pathway expansion project. The Town of Newfane will receive $336,880 for streetscape improvements. These awards cover 80 percent of project costs; the remaining 20 percent comes from a local match.

"These grants were very competitive, as less than 40 percent of the applications were funded," Maziarz said. "With these two projects, nearly a million dollars is coming back to Niagara County to improve our communities. Whether it is for developing our trail network or improving the look and safety of our roads, these projects have a great deal of community support and they will be much appreciated."

Advertise With Us

Subscribe Today

 

 




Powered by Fission Content Management System | Niagara Falls Web Design by 360PSG