Lewiston Choraleers to present popular Christmas concert program at six area churchesby jmaloni
The Lewiston Choraleers will present their annual Christmas program, "We Need a Little Christmas," on Nov. 30, Dec. 1, 7 and 8, at six area churches. The schedule of performances is as follows:
•Saturday, Nov. 30
- 2 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church (Old Stone Church), 505 Cayuga St., Lewiston
- 7 p.m. at St. John de LaSalle Roman Catholic Church, 8477 Buffalo Ave., Niagara Falls
•Sunday, Dec. 1
- 2 p.m. at St. Peter's Episcopal Church, 140 Rainbow Blvd., Niagara Falls
•Saturday, Dec. 7
- 2 p.m. at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 400 Ridge St., Lewiston
- 7 p.m. at United Baptist Christian Church, 4800 Creek Road, Lewiston
•Sunday, Dec. 8
- 2 p.m. at Messiah Lutheran Church, 915 Oneida St., Lewiston
The fun-filled family-friendly concert features a variety of holiday music, including traditional, contemporary, international and ethnic selections. The choral group will be directed by Donald D. Shrimpton and accompanied by pianist Jane Bristol and percussionist Mark Schmidt.
The concerts are open to the public, with a general admission fee of $5 (free for children 12 and under).
The Lewiston Choraleers have been presenting seasonal concerts at Christmas and Easter and in the spring and summer in the Niagara Falls-Lewiston area since being formed in 2007. This includes a well-received performance at Disney World in 2011. More information, including a variety of videotaped performances, is available at www.lewistonchoraleers.com.