Steven Tyler, Chef Nobu, Tara Lipinski, Carol Alt, Anne V among judges set for 2013 Miss Universe Competitionby jmaloni
Aerosmith lead singer and rock icon also set to perform during telecast on NBC Nov. 9
NBC, Donald J. Trump and Paula M. Shugart, president of the Miss Universe Organization, announced the roster of celebrities and experts who will judge the 2013 Miss Universe Competition, which airs Saturday, Nov. 9, on NBC (9 p.m.) from Crocus City Hall in Moscow.
The panel of judges includes:
- Steven Tyler, Aerosmith's front man and lead singer
- Chef Nobu, acclaimed chef proprietor of Nobu and Matsuhisa restaurants
- Tara Lipinski, gold medal figure skater and 2014 Winter Olympics figure skating analyst for NBC Olympics' multiplatform coverage
- Carol Alt, TV personality, star of Fox News Channel's "A Healthy You And Carol Alt," international supermodel, actress, author, entrepreneur and raw-food enthusiast
- Anne V, supermodel, actress, philanthropist and mentor on Oxygen's upcoming season of "The Face" with nine consecutive appearances in the annual Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue
- Farouk Shami, founder of Farouk Systems Inc., makers of CHI and presenting hair care sponsor of the 2013 Miss Universe Competition
- Italo Fontana, pioneering designer of U-Boat watches
- Philip Kirkorov, iconic Russian pop star
In addition to his judging duties, Tyler will take the stage for a special performance. Tyler and the celebrity judges join a broadcast that includes performances by Grammy-nominated band Panic! At The Disco and international recording artist EMIN. As previously announced, Thomas Roberts ("MSNBC Live") and Mel B ("America's Got Talent") will co-host the competition. Jeannie Mai, recognized for her fashion segments on NBC's "Today," will serve as commentator.
Throughout the Miss Universe Competition, contestants representing 86 countries will compete in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview. The telecast concludes with Miss Universe 2012 Olivia Culpo crowning her successor.
Fans can vote their favorite contestant into the semifinals through the Miss Universe Fan Vote sponsored by High 5 Games. Voting will take place now through Nov. 8 by logging on to www.missuniverse.com or www.telemundo.com.