8 doc shorts on Oscar's 2013 shortlistby jmaloni
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced the field of Documentary Short Subject contenders for the 86th Academy Awards has been narrowed to eight films, of which three to five will earn Oscar nominations.
Voters from the Academy's documentary branch viewed this year's 40 eligible entries and submitted their ballots to PricewaterhouseCoopers for tabulation.
The eight films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production companies:
- "CaveDigger," Karoffilms
- "Facing Fear," Jason Cohen Productions LLC
- "Jujitsu-ing Reality," Sobini Films
- "Karama Has No Walls," Hot Spot Films
- "The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life," Reed Entertainment
- "Prison Terminal: The Last Days of Private Jack Hall," Prison Terminal LLC
- "Recollections," notrac productions
- "SLOMO," Big Young Films and Runaway Films
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2013 will be presented on "Oscar Sunday," March 2, 2014, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center, and televised live on ABC. The presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.