Niagara County Department of Health, hospitals team to offer free mammograms to uninsured women ages 40-64by jmaloni
During the month of October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, hospitals throughout Niagara County will be offering free breast cancer screening to uninsured women. Each hospital will provide free mammograms for women ages 40-64 who do not have health insurance. This is being done in collaboration with the Cancer Services Program of Niagara County, a program of the Niagara County Department of Health.
The CSP covers the cost of mammograms and pap tests for women ages 40-64 with no health insurance. The program also offers free colon cancer screening to men and women ages 50-64 with no health insurance.
The events are scheduled as follows:
In Lockport and Newfane:
- Eastern Niagara Hospital-Lockport Imaging Center, 5875 S. Transit Road, Lockport: Wednesday, Oct. 2, 1-4 p.m.
- Eastern Niagara Hospital, 2600 William St., Newfane: Wednesday, Oct. 9, 1-4 p.m.
- Mount St. Mary's Hospital, 5300 Military Road: Saturday, Oct. 5, 8 a.m.-noon
In North Tonawanda:
- DeGraff Memorial Hospital, 445 Tremont St.: Saturday, Oct. 19, 8 a.m.-noon
In Niagara Falls:
- Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center/Summit Healthplex, 6934 Williams Road: Saturday, Oct. 26, 9 a.m.-noon
Women interested in attending should contact the Cancer Services Program of Niagara County at 716-278-8285 to make an appointment. If unable to attend, screening can be arranged at another time.