Thanks to the efforts of Steve Barone, Class of 1977, and the Black Rock Foundation, the Cardinal Dougherty High School Alumni Association is in the process of having a plaque erected on Hertel Avenue in front of the former school.
Run by the Eudists priests, Cardinal Dougherty High School was open from 1957-79. The school served the City of Buffalo proudly, providing Catholic education and faith formation for its students.
The school was named in honor of Dennis Joseph Cardinal Dougherty, fifth bishop of the City of Buffalo, and still has an active association that assists the Eudists priests in fundraising efforts.
The motto "One School, One Spirit" remains instilled in all former graduates.