Webinar series on Alzheimer'sby jmaloni
One out of every 10 New Yorkers age 60 and older have reported some form of memory loss.
Data supporting that startling statistic was recently released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
This confirms the growing impact of memory loss, and underscores the need for individuals to talk to their doctors about memory problems.
The Western New York Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association is offering a series of online classes for family caregivers.
The Family Caregiver Lunchtime Webinar Series is offered monthly on Mondays, and will cover such topics as care options, caregiver stress, and managing difficult behaviors.
Registration is easy - simply email the chapter's education team at: [email protected].
- Aug. 19: Wandering and Dementia
- Sept. 16: Improving Communication and Managing Difficult Behaviors
- Oct. 7: Activities for Family Caregivers
- Nov. 4: Caregiving over the Holidays
- Dec. 2: Dementia and Driving
- Jan. 6, 2014: Sexuality and Intimacy
- Feb. 3: Public Policy and Advancements in Research
- March 3: Activities of Daily Living - Bathing, Mealtime, Dressing
- April 7: Stages of Alzheimer's Disease and End of Life Care
For information, call 1-800-272-3900.