Volunteers to be honored at HAL annual celebration June 26by jmaloni
The Historical Association of Lewiston will present seven awards to local businesses and individuals at its 2013 annual celebration on Wednesday, June 26, at the Niagara Falls Country Club in Lewiston.
The dinner is open to the public and reservations, available for $35, can be made by calling the Lewiston Museum at 716-754-4214.
The following are the 2013 award winners:
- D. George Vanderhoek Award (Trustee of the Year) to Bruce Sutherland
- Benjamin Barton Award (Outstanding Contribution) to Robert Graczyk with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Reuben Lewis Award (War of 1812 Bicentennial) will go to Brian Beebe and Lloyd Draper
- Josiah Tryon Award (Volunteer of the Year) will be presented to Elizabeth Kovacs
- Nelson Cornell Award (Tour of Homes) to Village Bake Shoppe and Orange Cat Coffee Co.
- Calvin Hotchkiss Award (Business of the Year) to Brett Nadeau at Falls Tent and Awning
- Friend of History Award will go to Doug Janese, Lewiston highway superintendent
"The Historical Association of Lewiston's annual celebration is a chance for us to thank the many volunteers and supporters who have worked so hard and given so much to help promote Lewiston and its rich history," said volunteer Vice President Leandra Collesano.
Reservations and payment must be made by June 18.